With the ongoing uncertainty of the Covid 19 Pandemic, Virtual races are becoming more popular and a terrific option for those looking to stay active with a fun and competitive edge! GDFAR is committed to providing safe and exciting events to keep our runners and walkers active all year long, just as we have for the past 9 years! This page will be updated regularly with Virtual Options we are able to provide and recommend until our participants are safe to run in groups again. Virtual Events provide experiences that embrace proper social distancing while encouraging an active lifestyle. Until gatherings and group races can be safe again… enjoy this MOVEment.
Current Virtual Events
Run the Vineyards Mother’s Day 5K and Kids 1 Mile Fun Run
- Celebrate Mother’s Day, whether you are a mom or want to celebrate a mom!
- Run Virtually (Socially Distancing) a 5K or 1 Mile (kids) distance between May 8-10th.
- Report your results and be eligible for awards (5K only)!
- All 5K participants receive a Shirt, Wine Glass, and Finisher’s Medal
- All kids 1 miler finishers receive a shirt and Finisher Medal
Mean Guy Running Presents “Mayhem”
This four-week running challenge, May 4th through May 28th will be based on total points earned through running mileage and weekly running total requirements. Upon reaching the weekly goal, bonus points are earned. Every mile run is a point.
$5 to Participate and a chance to win great prizes!
The Pink Clover 5K and 1 Mile Walk/Run
- Run Virtually (on your own following Social Distancing practices) over the weekend of June 13th and 14th
- Supports Pink Clover – The Colleen Sorbello Breast Cancer Foundation
- Receive a Tech Shirt and Finishers Medal
- Report Your Results on-line and be eligible for Awards