Following is information to help make the Run the Vineyards – Autumn Trail 8K an excellent experience.
- Race Date – October 4th at 9am
- Location – Penns Woods Winery, located at 124 Beaver Valley Road, Chadds Ford PA 19317
- Packet Pick Up Options: (You may pick up for others) Oct. 3rd (Saturday) – 10am-1pm at Philadelphia Runner in Glenn Mills, PA – Located on Route 202 at 571 Glen Eagle Square. We recommend that you pick up on this day if convenient.
Oct 4th (Race Day) – 7:15am-8:30am at Penns Woods Winery located at 124 Beaver Valley Road, Chadds Ford PA
- There are a few ways to get results for the race. First, there will be on site computer kiosks with results. Also, if you have the Good Day for a Run App on your phone, the results will be there immediately after you finish. Plus, we will email you the link and there will be a direct link to the results page at www.gooddayforarun.com on the Penns Woods 8K page.
- Spectators are encouraged to come cheer on, however if they would like to participate in the wine tasting, they will be asked to pay the tasting fee to the winery.
- There will be a variety of food and craft vendors at the post run reception. Please plan to stay around for a while and enjoy their offerings. We will have Cornhole and other activities too!
- Our musician, Greg Jones, will be performing until approximately 12:30.
- Awards will be given out to the top 3 overall winners and top 3 in each age group. Awards will be presented at approx. 10:15am.
- The race is chip timed with a chip start and finish. The results will give you both a gun start time and chip start time. Awards are based on Gun Start. If you are competing for an award, we suggest that you start near the front of the start line.
- The majority of the course is on short cut grass through the vineyard. There is a 1 mile portion on a wide dirt trail in the woods. Both portions of the course are beautiful!
- This is a Rain Or Shine event.
- We will have FREE downloadable photos available within 24 hours of race day. The link will be emailed to you and posted on our Facebook Page!