We are real excited to bring you the Yoga-Endurance Challenge to Armstrong Valley Vineyards. Following is information to help make your race challenge a fun and successful day.
Address: Armstrong Valley Winery – 212 Rutter Road, Halifax, PA 17032
Date: July 14th, 2019 @ 9am
Packet Pick Up/Check-In:
- Race Day Only from 7:15-8:30am at Armstrong Valley Winery.
- All participants should be on-site no later than 8:40am.
- 7:15-8:30am – Race Day Packet Pick Up
- 9:00am – Yoga Session begins for about 12-14 minutes (BRINGING YOUR OWN YOGA MAT IS SUGGESTED)
- 9:20am – (approx, 8 minutes after Yoga session ends) 3.1 Mile Challenge Run with Fun Obstacles
- 9:45am-Noon – Live Music and Wine. There will be tables and seating available on the patio, however we suggest that if you would like, please bring a blanket or some “beach chairs” to enjoy the many beautiful views. Also, the vineyard will have some wine bottle/case specials available.
- 10:15am – Awards presented to Top Overall Finishers, and Top Age Finishers (3 deep).
- Noon-5pm – Armstrong Valley Winery is open for a day of relaxation and enjoyment!
Parking: There is a designated area for free parking. While there should be plenty of space, we encourage car pooling when available, and be sure to park “tight” to help maximize space for others.
Bathrooms: There will be Porta Pottys on site near the start line.
Photographs: We will have a professional photographer on site. Free downloadable photos will be available. We will post the links on www.gooddayforarun.com and email you within 24 hours of race..
Timing: This race is Timed. It is important to wear your bib on the front outer layer of your shirt for accurate results. The timing portion will start when the run starts (it will not include the Yoga session).
Food Vendor: We will have a food vendor on site selling tasty brunch/lunch items to enjoy during the post race party.Check them out here!
Obstacles and Terrain: There are Obstacle Challenges within the course in addition to a few challenging hills throughout the course. The majority of the run is on short cut grass. The majority of the run is on the vineyard property. Trail shoes are not necessary, however if you have a pair, feel free to wear them. Road running shoes are adequate. The obstacles are designed to be fun and challenging and are by no means “extreme”. We are pleased to say they do not include “mud” or “electricity”. 🙂 It is expected that all participants should be able to complete the obstacles, but if you feel it is necessary to “skip” one, an “obstacle marshal” will help you bypass safely.
Swag: Participants receive a tech shirt (there is a tank option too) at Packet Pick Up/Check-In, and a souvenir Run the Vineyards Wine Glass at Finish Line.
Course Map: Click Link – (You may also view in satellite mode): https://www.plotaroute.com/route/595051
Spectators: If you have friends and/or family who would like to cheer on, that is great! We love the support of spectators.
No Outside Alcohol is permitted by Law.
No strollers or dogs are permitted on course
Rain or Shine: This event is “Rain or Shine”. If there are thunderstorms, we will plan to postpone if necessary (as soon as storms pass).
NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS