Following is important information regarding race week and PPU Options!
1. Address of Winery – 124 Beaver Valley Road, Chadds Ford, PA (the Vineyard is Penns Woods Winery).
2. Race Date is Sept. 15th (5K) and 16th (8K) at 9am – please arrive by 8:30. (8:15 if you need to pick up your packet)
3. Packet Pick Up Options: (we recommend Friday pick up if possible). A Store discount will be offered at PPU.
- Friday (9/14) – Both 5K and 8K Runners – Philadelphia Runner, Glen Mills, PA (near Whole Foods) from 3pm-6:00pm.
- Saturday (9/15) – 5K Runners ONLY 7:15am-8:30am at Penns Woods Winery
- Sunday (9/16) – 8K Runners ONLY 7:15am-8:30am at Penns Woods Winery
- YOU MAY PICK UP FOR OTHERS WITH PERMISSION – YOU SHOULD KNOW THEIR BIB NUMBER.
4. Results will be available immediately following the race at a nearby Kiosk. They will also be emailed to you and posted on the www.GoodDayforaRun.com web site. Awards are given to the top 3 runners’ overall, and in each age group (10 Years). Awards are presented at approx 10am (5K) and 10:30am (8K).
5. Winery may ask for ID for wine distribution. If you feel you may be “carded”, please have ID ready. Penns Woods will offer a pre-race ID Check.
6. Course – the course is entirely off road with a portion through a wooded trail. Course map for 8K (5K is similar – but shorter) Course subject to minor changes depending on race week conditions.
7. There will be some great Food Vendors at the after run festival, so if you are interested in having lunch, etc. Enjoy these great Vendors!
- Saturday 5K – Maiale Deli and Salumaria
- Sunday 8K – Sum Pig
- BOTH DAYS – La Cabra Brewing will be serving local Craft Beers!
8. This is a Rain or Shine event.
9. Family members and friends can come and partake in the event by cheering you on and enjoy wine tasting, live music, etc.
10. Leashed dogs are allowed on property. Not on race course.
11. Strollers are not permitted on this course.
12. No Refunds or Transfers
13. If you are running both Saturday and Sunday, you will receive a special Finishers Medal for completing each distance. Medals will be given out at registration area.
14. Free Downloadable Photos will be posted and emailed to you by Monday!
15. The run is off road and goes through a wooded trail for a half mile.Normal running shoes are fine, but you are welcome to wear trail shoes if you want.