Welcome to Run the Vineyards!
Run the Vineyards is the premier running series for beautiful venues, great memories, and professionally managed races at some of the best vineyards in the New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania regions.
Our Standard Amenities Include:
- Professionally chip timed races with instant results
- Glass of wine included at post run (some vineyards will offer a “tasting of various wines” as an additional option)
- Upgraded quality gender specific shirts (unless otherwise noted). Tank Tops offered many times too!
- Live musical entertainment for approximately 2.5 hours after race.
- Pre-race music and Music at the Finish Line.
- Running awards for top overall finishers and age category for each gender (3 deep)
- Free Professional Downloadable Photos Available
- Pre Race-Day Packet Pick up Options – Plus Same Day Options.
- Friendly course marshals at key turning points and at water stations.
- Roadway closures and traffic monitored by police authorities
- Unique courses always ending on the Vineyard grounds
- After Party will last about 2.5 hours
- Post run snacks and water included
- Discounted wine offers from the vineyards
- Food Trucks/Vendors (such as brick oven pizza, wraps, sandwiches) are available to be purchase
- Bag Check Offered at all races
- Free Parking
- Can friends and family come and do the wine tasting? We love spectators so yes they may come. Spectators are welcome to enjoy the entertainment, purchase wine (directly from the vineyard), and cheer the runners on!
- Can my dog run? Unless specifically noted, dogs are not permitted on the course. Some venues allow for dogs at the festival.
- Can I use a jogging stroller? This answer is course specific. Some courses do not offer proper terrain for a stroller or could be too crowded or narrow at points. When strollers are permitted, we ask that the participant start toward the back of the pack where it will not be as crowded.
- How Old must someone be to run? Unless otherwise noted, most runs are suitable for all ages. Our awards are given out to 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc.
- If I get hurt prior to race day, may I get a refund? Keeping with the industry standard, we do not offer refunds – however on a case by case basis due to circumstances, we may allow you the opportunity to transfer your registration to another one of our races. We should be notified at least 2 weeks prior to race date. There is a $10 Transfer Fee required when allowed.
- Is this a rain or shine event? Yes, we are prepared to handle the course and the after-run reception in various weather conditions. In the event there is extreme weather conditions which mandate us to stop the race, we will try our best to reschedule event or offer a transfer to another race date.
- Can I pick up my race packet (shirt/bib) on race day? Yes, but we love to have as many runners as possible attend our pre-race day Packet Pick up as it provides smaller lines on race morning.
- Can I pick up for someone else if I come to Packet Pick Up? Yes, but please be considerate of others in line if you are picking up for a large number of people? Bringing a list and/or emailing us a list prior to PPU day would be useful.
- Should I bring money with me to the race? The race includes many great amenities – and additional cash is not necessary… but if you want to take advantage of some wine specials, vendor sales, and/or Good Day for a Run merchandise sale items – cash/credit is your friend.
- Can I walk? Yes! We love walkers. We ask that participants maintain at least a 20 min/mile pace for a 5K and about 18 min/mile for a longer distance.
- When should I register by? Due to space limitations imposed by the venues/course, many of our runs sell out before race day, so we highly recommend registering on-line at your earliest convenience to avoid the possible disappointment of “closed registration”. Our venues have limited space so we try to keep the number of participants at a reasonable level to maintain the runners comfort and safety.
- What time should I arrive?
- If you are preregistered and have already picked up your race bib and shirt, then 30 minutes early would be great.
- If you have not registered, and the event is not sold out, we would come 1 hour before the start of the race.
- If you are registered and just need to pick up your shirt and bib, we would suggest no later than 45 minutes early.